Monday 17 September 2007

Some of the things I'm getting used to...

eating pupusas regularly

not drinking water from the tap

sleeping under a mosquito net

that we only have running water in the morning

ants... of all sizes... everywhere... in the garden, in the kitchen...

seeing volcanoes

eating papaya and watermelon, plus huiskil, lorocco and pipianes

that drivers hardly ever use their indicators, and if they are they've probably left it on by mistake

that there's huge holes in the road at frequent intervals, bloody scary when you're driving along at 60mph

seeing street children 5 mins from my house, sniffing glue and sleeping on the pavement

armed guards everywhere including outside our local icecream shop and at the gate of our street

doing my private yoga / pilates class twice a week

not running as much as I want to

having 24 kids in my class

that most of my students' families have maids and drivers

that every time I go to visit my friends in the countryside someone else has gone to the USA (illegally)

1 comment:

rebecca flynn said...

sounds busy.... and fun! enjoy those pupusas....